Giorgio Moroder Presents: Metropolis
- Germany/USA, 1984
- directed by Fritz Lang
- Stereo + Dolby Digital 5.1
- black & white, 83 minutes
- Certificate: PG
- Date Released: July 2012
- New high-definition restoration from rare original 35mm elements
- Original stereo and new 5.1 surround audio options
- The Fading Image, a vintage documentary from 1984 detailing the creation of Moroder’s reconstruction
Eureka! Classics | In 1984, Oscar-winning composer Giorgio Moroder (Top Gun, Midnight Express, Flashdance) reintroduced Fritz Lang’s 1927 science fiction epic Metropolis to a new generation of moviegoers. He added colour tinting, fewer inter-titles, plus a throbbing new rock soundtrack to Lang’s iconic imagery. Featuring songs from some of the biggest stars of the early MTV era: Freddie Mercury, Pat Benatar, Adam Ant, Bonnie Tyler, Loverboy, Jon Anderson and others, it became a dramatic vehicle for Moroder’s visionary music and a beautiful retro-futurist timepiece. Today, it is this version of Metropolis that first comes to mind for millions around the world.
Eureka Entertainment proudly presents the UK DVD Premiere of Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis to be released in Limited Edition DVD SteelBook and for streaming on 23 July 2012.
Visit our new microsite for more details, competitions, and viewing options.